If summer is your favorite season, you may be keen to get outside and enjoy the warm sunshine with your family. Since school is out, you might also have vacation plans. It is healthy to have a relaxed, carefree attitude going into summer, but recklessness can cause accidents and injuries. Countless adults and kids sustain injuries on vacation trips each year. In various cases, these accidents occur as other people are not being as vigilant and safe as they should.
Swimming Pool Accidents
Most of us understand to be cautious while swimming in the ocean. However, swimming pools can also be hazardous. It is often incumbent on hotels, homeowners, condo complexes, and others to make appropriate arrangements to protect swimmers. Their inability to do so will typically lead to accountability for swimming pool accidents.
Carnival Ride and Amusement Park Injuries
In the US, hundreds of millions of guests enjoy amusement parks and carnivals. However, a few thousand people sustain injuries on rides annually. The following safety tips are recommended by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA):
- Heed designated height, age, weight, and health restrictions
- Follow all posted ride safety regulations and verbal instructions from ride operators
- Keep your arms, hands, legs, and feet inside the ride at all times
- Remain seated until the ride comes to a complete halt
- Remove or secure all loose articles, such as sunglasses, cell phones, wallets, and hats
- Do not ride while intoxicated
- Wear the safety gear provided
- If you witness any unsafe behavior, promptly report it to the ride operator
Other safety suggestions are as follows:
- Wear close-toed shoes and biking gloves to reduce injury in a fall
- Wear light-colored clothing to enhance visibility
Every summer, more than 200,000 are injured in moped, ATV, and minibike accidents. Prevent potentially life-threatening or serious summer vacation injuries with the below-mentioned tips:
- Avoid riding ATVs on paved roads
- Always use a helmet and other protective gear
- Do not allow children below the age of 16 years to operate an adult ATV
- Do not allow passengers on your ATV
We Help you Collect Compensation for Your Injuries and Losses
At the law offices of Stein & Fox, we work hard for individuals and families suffering due to summer vacation injuries. If you or someone you love has sustained injuries, we can help you collect the maximum compensation possible for your losses and injuries. To schedule a no-obligation consultation with a seasoned personal injury attorney, call today at (770) 961-1700.